Tue. Dec 5th, 2023

ABAP chief’s death: Another accused Sandeep Tiwari sent to 14-day judicial custody

Share this news

Mystery getting murkier with each passing day??

Share this news

PRAYAGRAJ, September 24 (HS): After the arrest of Mahant Anand Giri and Bade Hanuman temple priest Aadya Tiwari, another suspect, Sandeep Tiwari, was sentenced to 14 days in judicial custody on Thursday in connection with the killing of ABAP President Mahant Narendra Giri. It is worth mentioning that Mahant Narendra Giri is said to have committed suicide at the Bagambhari Math in Prayagraj, leaving behind a seven-page suicide note.

However, devotees and followers of Narendra Giri are refusing to buy the suicide theory and posing queries over the investigation process. Meanwhile, a five-member CBI team has arrived in Prayagraj on Thursday to take over the probe into Mahant Narendra Giri’s mysterious death. Late Wednesday night, the Yogi Adityanath government suggested that the Mahant’s killing be investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

In addition, on Tuesday, the state government formed an 18-member Special Investigation Team (SIT) to look into the circumstances surrounding the seer’s death. Investigations into Narendra Giri’s phone call records have now revealed that Narendra Giri had made and received multiple calls from certain property dealers in Haridwar, according to SIT sources. The Bagambhari Math was said to own a lot of land in Haridwar.

According to sources, the SIT has detained 18 people for investigation, including property sellers. Meanwhile, a video clip from the moment the seer died has gone viral on social media. The video clip adds to the mystery surrounding his death.

According to the video, Mahant’s body was discovered hanging from a ceiling fan that was spinning at full speed. Apart from that, the rope was loosely wrapped around Mahant’s neck, and his face showed no signs of pain or strangulation. Moreover, the immediate successor of Narendra Giri and close disciple, Balbir Giri has reportedly refused to acknowledge the handwriting of the suicide note as that of the deceased.

The police officials who had visited the site have been saying that it was impossible to tie rope and hang himself with a running ceiling fan. In the video, it is clear that the servants of late Mahant did not inform police or the security personnel of when they found the room bolted from inside.